Enjoy Family Fun at EFD
Try the Chicken Chat large board game at the Farm Bureau Family Education Center. See Sparks the Dog at the Grange tent. Try a standup paddleboard or pedal-drive kayak in the farm pond . . .
2017 Empire Farm Days Offers Family Fun: Chicken Chat Game, Sparks the Dog, Paddleboard and Kayak Tryouts in the Pond
The 2017 Empire Farm Days has announced a full slate of activities and attractions for families on August 8, 9 and 10 at Rodman Lott and Son Farms in Seneca Falls, NY.
- Try the Chicken Chat large board game with plastic eggs to win a chicken hat at the NY Farm Bureau Family Education Center. The tent also has puzzles, coloring and balloons.
- Sparks the dog and handler Tibbie Dell will offer You CAN Teach an Old Dog New Tricks daily in the NYS Grange tent. They are fresh from an award-winning performance at the Dalmation National Competition at Purina Farms in St. Louis. Dell will have free information available on responsible dog ownership right after her program.
- New in the farm pond this year will be the opportunity for those 10 and older to try a standup paddleboard or drive-pedal kayak from Hobie with Morgan Marine. Those interested must attend the 10 am, 12 pm or 2 pm water safety demonstration by New York Sea Grant, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary and New York State Marine Services Bureau personnel to receive a free ticket for tryouts that follow immediately after.
- A fun way to learn about careers in welding, one of the fastest growing job opportunities in the U.S. will be to try the virtual reality welders in the American Welding Society trailer making its first visit to Empire Farm Days.
- Horse families will enjoy presentations on America’s Mustangs on Tuesday and Wednesday and on the refined sport of dressage on Thursday in the 11 am and 2 pm Equine Center Round Pen demonstrations.
- Hot Wheels will be featured in the Grange tent daily at 1:35 pm with a presentation by collector Richard McKee.
Empire Farm Days is the largest outdoor agricultural trade show in the Northeastern U.S. with working equipment demonstrations, crop plots, educational seminars, live animals, farm safety and rural life exhibits. Show hours are 9 am to 5 pm Tuesday and Wednesday, and 9 am to 4 pm Thursday. Parking is $10 per vehicle. Learn more at www.empirefarmdays.com.
- EFD Manager Melanie Wickham, 877-697-7837, email@example.com
- EFD Publicist Kara Lynn Dunn, 315-465-7578, firstname.lastname@example.org